Mass Communication Service
Our electronic mass communication system provides public outreach, under emergency and non-emergency conditions via a host of reliable and flexible methods.
Service: The service-based offering allows notifications to be delivered on demand or automatically based on triggered alarms and preset conditions. Our system differentiates and prioritizes emergency from non-emergency messages and delivers notifications via voice-mail, e-mail and text messages (SMS).
Additionally, our service is capable of making unsolicited announcements through social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Main product features
- The system relies on the cellular infrastructure to deliver the outgoing messages, process and verify the incoming SMS messages
- Outgoing and incoming email notification messages verify remote party acceptance and guarantee service delivery
- Notifications can be refined so that alerts reach a selected subgroup
- Group alert filtering options can accommodate any discriminating data factor
- A web portal and mobile application give authorized users total system access
- System Capacity
- Load volume increases lead to spontaneous system service expandability across all sites
- High burst rate alerts are mitigated across all sites to decrease message latency
- Critical component duplication options and mechanisms guarantee service availability
- Software and hardware redundancies integrated in the system make offering virtually indestructible
- UPS and server backup systems prevent power outages
- Geographically dispersed service centers ensure uptime during natural disasters
- System monitors site hazard and natural disaster conditions (fire, floods, earthquake, and burglary) to gracefully shut down and transfer control to other sites